Protecting your prostate as a male is crucial to your general health.
Prostate health can be enhanced by eating a nutritious diet, but some foods can help prevent prostate cancer.
The following 11 foods are typically thought to be beneficial for prostate health:
1. Tomatoes: Packed in lycopene, which may lower the risk of prostate cancer. Lycopene levels can be raised by cooking tomatoes.
2. Broccoli: Packed with sulforaphane, a substance that may aid in the battle against cancer, particularly prostate cancer.
3. Green tea: Rich in antioxidants, this beverage may help shield the prostate.
4. Fatty fish: Fish high in omega-3 fatty acids, such as trout, salmon, and mackerel, may have anti-inflammatory qualities and be good for general health.
5. Pumpkin seeds: Rich in zinc, which is beneficial to the health of the prostate. They also include antioxidants and magnesium, among other elements.
6. Avocado: Rich in vitamin K and good lipids, avocado may help maintain prostate health.
7. Soy Products: Phytoestrogens, which are found in foods like tofu and soybeans, may protect the prostate.